The basic function of the General Manager is to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Stuff Etc store. As a working Manager, the General Manager is responsible for assuring a clean, friendly and well-stocked store where both customers and consignors are the highest priorities. The General Manager is responsible for enforcing company policies, scheduling and directing the work of others, and for maintaining and documenting all business systems and quality control procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the General Manager include the following, but not limited to:
- Manage daily operations.
- Regularly review the store and property, checking for cleanliness, merchandise stocks and special needs, etc.
- Assure all jobs are properly staffed and shift personnel as necessary for effective operations and customer service.
- Manage the store employee staff.
- Interview, hire and orient new employees.
- Prepare monthly work schedules, and adjust as necessary.
- Prepare and conduct performance evaluations for all employees.
- Conduct fair and consistent discipline as necessary.
- Maintain all reports, logs, paperwork and required records. Including up-to-date employee files.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
The General Manager shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- All above listed duties are performed in a timely, orderly and accurate manner.
- The store is operating successfully, with honesty and integrity.
- Attaining or beating financial goals and budgets.
- A friendly and business like atmosphere is maintained with clients and fellow employees.
- Quarterly Bonus opportunity
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- PTO and Sick days
- 401k with match opportunity – immediately vested
- Life Insurance opportunity
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years Retail Management experience.
Applicants must have good oral and written communication skills. Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft word and excel is preferred.
Applicants must have open availability, able to work a rotating weekend schedule and 4 night shifts per month.
Applicants must be able to stand on their feet for their entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds and have a valid driver’s license.