The basic function of the Assistant Manager is to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the store. As a working Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assuring a clean, friendly and efficient receiving and retail area where both customers and consignors are the highest priorities. The Assistant Manager is responsible for enforcing company policies, identifying staffing and scheduling, and directing the work of individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager include the following, but not limited to:
- Assist in managing the daily operations.
- Regularly review the store and property, checking for cleanliness, merchandise stocks and special needs, etc.
- Assure all jobs are properly staffed and shift personnel as necessary for effective operations and customer service.
- Assist in managing daily staff.
- Assist in the interview, hire and orientation of new employees..
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of performance evaluations for all employees.
- Conduct fair and consistent discipline as necessary.
- Maintain all reports, logs, paperwork and required records. Including up-to-date employee files.
- Quarterly Bonus opportunity
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- PTO and Sick days
- 401k with match opportunity – immediately vested
- Life Insurance opportunity
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years Retail Management experience.
- Applicants must have good oral and written communication skills. Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft word and excel is preferred.
- Applicants must have open availability, able to work a rotating weekend schedule and 4 night shifts per month.
- Applicants must be able to stand on their feet for their entire shift, lift up to 50 pounds and have a valid driver’s license.